Wednesday 31 August 2016

Christmas cottage scenes.....

Yippee, I'm back to work....much easier than being at home. 
So this is the card I wanted to make on Saturday, using the Sue Wilson Christmas Cottage scenes and snow globe. Though you can get 3 further designs to work with the snow globe, I wanted to show you can use absolutely anything else. (obviously if it fits) 
 
To start with, I've taken a large scalloped circle card, and used smudged charcoal colour cloud on the edges, I've used the double pierced circles to cut out gold layer, and the the next white layer which I've embossed with the Sue Wilsons 8x8 falling snow embossing folder. 
I've taken 2 pieces of white card, again 1 embossed with the falling snow and left the other plain. 
I've used the graphite gilding polish, and covered the back of the embossed card, to show the falling snow (this is what my 9yr old created at one of the shows) and coloured a section of the plain white card with the same polish.
   
I really like this effect, and works really well for a snowy background. 
I used my flat graphite piece to cut the 2 cottage scenes, at this point I just layered them without glue etc, so I could determine which part I was going to use. 
Used the top circle part of the snow globe to cut out my layers, and then glued into place on my card. 
 
I've used the holly branch from the 2016 festive range of Sue Wilson, but it only comes as a single so to cut both sides I laid a piece of card on the die with the gold facing up, and 2nd piece with the gold facing down (bit like a sandwich) the die cut the 2 pieces easily, but do be careful as different card has different thickness. 
Layered them at the top with my snowy ribbon and added gems, I did try liquid peals but found they just sank into each other on parts where I wanted 2-3 berries 😕
Here are a couple more samples of cards I made using the Christmas country cottage scene dies....
  
 

1 comment: