Friday 26 August 2016

Christmas poinsettia with a difference....

Well for first time ever.....I've remembered to take photos 😮
I've not done much to day, so watched Mr Johnathon Lockwood on Hochanda instead, 
then decided I'd like to do some more crafting.
Today I wanted something different to my last couple of cards of silver and white.
 So I've gone with a pearl green I have in stock, some ivory linen card, with mulled wine gilding flakes.
 So here is today's card 
 .
First I cut myself a piece of double sided tape (sorry I didn't take measurement 😳 just made sure it was bigger than the lattice die) I then gently added the gilding flakes, no need to go mad with them like you would with glitter. Just dab on gently then rub over with a piece rub it scrub it.
I cut out the lattice die, again no measurements (sorry 😳)  but using the cream linen card.
 
I cut out in the cream linen card also a frame using the largest and smallest die, then a second frame with the dark green pearl card using the smallest and middle frame. 
Layering them all up onto my piece of gilded flakes, the lattice flat, the green frame flat on the cream frame but them used foam pads to raise it up. 
I layered this again on the green and cream card. 
 
I then covered a strip of d/s with the flakes & cream card, using elements from both the poinsettia & Christmas rose dies I cut out flowers and holly leaves. 
You can now see it coming no together quite nicely 👍🏻
  
Cut 2 warmest wishes, and layer up. Use the aero glue as the die cuts are quite fiddly to glue, add to pearls or gems to titivate.....






1 comment: