Friday 2 September 2016

Autumn rainbow....

I managed to get my card made nice and early in the day, but then the evening has just vanished....
Today's card is made using Johnathon Lockwood's Autumn stamps, it's a beautiful set of stamps with lovely litter verses on.
 
To start my card I cut out a square using the pierced square dues from Sue wilson, the gold is in the largest from set A and white is largest from set B.
I've inked the edge with vintage photo distress ink, and stamped and embossed the corners in gold. 
I'm sorry but never took note of the layered squares in the centre but if you measure the die against your card you'll be able to find the one that suits best. 
On the white i stamped and embossed with the falling leaves background stamp. Again from Johnathon Lockwood range. 
I then sprinkled the mango, peacock green and candy pink pixie powders, I only spritzed lightly to activate the powders, not to soak my card. 
   
To colour my stamped corners, I puffed a bit of powder onto my craft mat and used a water brush to colour were I wanted it. I'm not a huge colouring person but I find working with these powders helps to do more stamping as I'm not worried of the after work. 
I mat and layered my layers....
 
Stamped my chosen little verse, which suited my card perfectly and used the pierced tags, used a teal ribbon and a glass heart to finish the card completely.....I do hope you'll give the powders a try, I'm certain you'll love them just like me 😘


1 comment: