Tuesday 6 September 2016

Snow globe snowman.....

Been a long weekend, firstly it was crafty Saturday in the shop so was quite busy with that, especially we also do the food, main item our super crispy jacket potatoes. 
As I was going on a road trip to Birmingham, I didn't get chance to make a card for my blog 😞, and then Sunday I spent most my day cleaning up, and moaning about the pain in my shoulders and knees, to finish the weekend I spent Monday  morning in the hospital have my left shoulder checked out....
So finally today I got to play 😀
 
For this card I've used the snowflake Gemini die, snowman for the snow globe and the snow globe all from the Sue Wilson Christmas dies for 2016. 
I've used an old folder here, but you'll see the new twirling holly in my sample pictures. 
The colour I've used is powder blue, this is gilding polish, and matching liquid pearls. 
To make the frame, I cut a piece of card apx 8" X 8", layered my Gemini die in the centre of one side as close to the edge as possible, I then cut it. I layer the die back up at the edge of the cut, and cut a 2nd, 3rd and 4th time....I then used the same side of the die and the centre strip to cut out the gold card to highlight the fancy edges. 
     
I took my finished frame and embossed the card using the new Swirling Holly embossing folder....using the cosmic shimmer glue which comes with a time brush, a bit like nail varnish I glued the gold edgings into place. 
  
I coloured just around the edge of my white card with powder blue gilding polish, and another piece of card to cut out my snowman die. 
I cut my snow globe in white, and backed behind my globe in gold. I have also used an acetate with a snowfall pattern on the very front to give the look of the snow inside. 
If the corners don't quite match up, cut out snowflakes or as I have, the Christmas rose, and cover them up. The pearls are liquid pearls, and matches the powder blue very well. 
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me....
Most items I've used, I will have available for sale in my shop or by post. X

No comments:

Post a Comment