Wednesday 14 September 2016

Poppies of Remembrance ...

I see I forgot to post my card last night 🙄 
But I like today's card better, so thought I'd post this one today. 
My inspiration came from Johnathon Lockwood's shows last weekend using the poppy die, Johnathon he made a wreath with crepe paper, this is were my lead went.....
 
Firstly I cut out lots and lots of poppies, I used a pearl type paper apx 140-160gsm, I folded this and found I could cut 3 layers at once....speeds up the cutting out. As I cut my flowers I also cut out the centres again I've used a pearl / shimmer card. As I made up my flowers, I placed them into a wreath shape, this gave me an idea how many I needed, I did use a full A4 sheet of paper for the flowers, you may have a scrap you could cut for the centres (I did) and a slice off a piece of 12x12 cordination card for the bold scrolled vines. (I did sand these down slightly after cutting out) 
       
I cut out the 2nd largest and then the 4th die down in the piecered circles in black, and then the 3rd and 4th in white and layered these up. 
 
I cut a piece of card apx 7.25in sq,  and embossed with the ivy embossing folder, and gently coloured over the top with the new fern green gilding polish. Sorry, I'd put the card together then realised I'd not taken picture.....
I layered my embossed card onto, black then white. I placed the circle frame onto the front and placed the poppies around and different places so to add in smaller poppies. I then cut up the vines, and glued them into place. 
I finished the card by adding a cut out of the Austrailian range Melbourne, I've not stamped on to the centre as I'm not sure what I want on the front of the card.,...maybe print something off more fitting for remembrance day. 
Don't forget please share my blog and if you need any further info, do ask...
Thank you Franki x

2 comments: