Monday 19 September 2016

Little surprises....

I've had a lovely weekend away, relaxing instead of working 😊 
My good friend Julie Clark ran my crafty Saturday with the help of my eldest daughter Robyn....as it all ran nice and smoothly I'll certainly let do it again. 
Today I had to go into work (thought normally closed on Mondays) to pack up some orders. 
The girls had cleaned up, and all was nice and tidy. Robyn had also been playing with my gilding polishes, she liked the new technique we can up with for creating a mixed background....so here's my card I completed using her background. 
 
I really love this set of dies, and you know it's one set I've not taken note of the name....oops
Here's the background and colours used in polish.
   
The sponge used is like a natural sponge, bought for all of 39p from home bargains (£1+ in other shops) and it's just been cut up into small chunks. 
Dip the sponge into your polish but don't add too much, dad your sponge around the page and mix with your chosen colours. (Can be done with paints and ink also) 
I cut out 4 borders & 4 corners with the backgrounds in white, layered them up on my card. 
 
For my center I used the matching background die, cut out the largest one, cut this in half then glued together to create something near a square 😕 
  
I layered up with a pierced square firstly in white, then changed my mind and used it in the coloured card. Added some pretty ribbon and large stamped tag...
 
 Hope you like my card, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment